Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Mandatory Summer Reading List




Every summer, during the students' well deserved vacation time, my school gives us a list of three books that we must read over the summer...and do book reports on. Wow.

Anyway, as my third year at my school, this is obviously my third time writing book reports over the summer. But as I stated in the review post for The Fault in Our Stars, my friends and I influenced this year's book choices slightly. Luckily, juniors and seniors got these three easy books: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, and The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.
(Anyone else notice these titles all have 'the' in them?)

As you know, I've already read TFIOS and enjoyed it profusely. But...as much as I love reading, I'm also very lazy. And since it's already the middle of July basically and these reports are due the first day of school September 2nd...It's highly unlikely that I'm going to go out and buy the other two books and read them.

Especially since I have other books I'm reading right now.

And also especially because I've seen the movies for both books.

Yeah, I know it's cheating, but eh. It's good cheating. I might even be able to find them on Sparknotes.

But this will give me a chance to watch some movies on the couch with snacks without being referred to as 'not doing anything important'. So it's a win -win.

Another book that I know my sophomore friend has to read (she has a different list) is The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. So we've all got some popular, movie made books to read it seems. (And that title once again starts with 'The'!)

No comments:

Post a Comment