Sunday, July 6, 2014

Dorothy Must Die


 
 
Back in April, I was out at the mall with some of my friends on a 'school field trip', and a few of us made our way into my favorite book store Barnes & Noble. My classmate found a stand that was holding these free Prepublication Excerpts and picked one up.
 
Well, needless to say, he only picked it up because it was free, so he handed it over to me.
 
What originally caught my eye on the cover of the book was that the author had the same name as me; Danielle. I was already pumped.
 
But then my attention was drawn to the title and cover picture shown above. Hmmm...It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that this book was a violent twist on the beloved story of Dorothy and The Wizard of Oz.
 
 
Me being me, of course, I always love it when someone takes an old story or legend and adds a new twist and life to it. Which is exactly why I saw the movies for Snow White and the Huntsman, Hansel and Gretel, and Maleficent.
 
And it is also why I plan to read this book by Danielle Paige.
 
The excerpt book I got gives you the first four chapters of the book as a preview, as well as an exclusive bonus chapter. The actual book itself though was released April 1st of this year.
 
Here is the synopsis verbatim from the back of the book excerpt so you can see if you're interested and pick it up:
 
There's a new girl from Kansas in Oz...
And she has a mission:
 
Remove the Tin Woodman's heart,
 
Steal the Scarecrow's brain,
 
Take the Lion's courage, and then -
 
Dorothy must die.


No comments:

Post a Comment