Friday, June 27, 2014

DIY #1 - Throwback Soda Vase

For my first tutorial, I thought I'd do something easy. This soda bottle vase is cute and can be customized to your liking!
 What You'll Need:

-A glass soda bottle (any kind; I used a Mountain Dew bottle because it matched my bedroom)
- A 'filler' of your choice (I used a few different sized acrylic gems to fill the bottom of my bottle)
-A flower or two (real or faux, your choice)



Steps:

First, empty your soda bottle. (You can find these at grocery stores.) I drank my soda, but if you prefer you can just dump it or give it to someone else to finish. After all your soda is disposed of, clean out the inside of the bottle with a little dish soap and warm water. Then let it sit upside down in your dish rack or over a paper towel to dry.

Once the inside of your bottle is dry, start adding your 'filler'. As previously stated, I chose to use acrylic gems which can be found at Michael's, A.C. Moore or Hobby Lobby, but you can use anything. Some suggestions are pearls, gravel, beads, or marbles.
I only added my filler up about 2 1/2 inches from the bottom of my bottle in case I ever wanted to place a real flower in my vase with a longer stem.

Place your flower in the vase and you're done! Of course you can always add more pizzazz to the outside of your bottle, but I decided to keep mine the way it was and let the labeling do the talking.

If you decide to make this send me the pics by email or by Instagram by tagging me @danithedancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment